The Miss Oakland Scholarship Program is an incredibly rewarding experience. I highly recommend it to any woman who would like to meet new people and learn to be comfortable on stage. Regardless of whether you win or not, programs like Miss Oakland train you to be a better public speaker and have stage presence. These abilities are beneficial for your entire lifetime. Whether it is going into a job interview or interacting one-on-one with someone, the Miss Oakland program team ensures that you have a worthwhile learning experience.
Some awesome things I got to do and opportunities the next Miss Oakland will have:
1) Performed at the Green Day Charity Concert
2) MCed the United Cerebral Palsy Association’s Annual Holiday Party
3) Volunteered for The Children’s Miracle Network and Oakland Children’s Hospital
4) Received ~$3,000 in scholarships from the Miss Oakland program
5) All-expense paid one-week trip to compete at Miss California
6) Miss Oakland pays for you to get a new and improved wardrobe! (They bought me brand new evening gowns, sundresses, business suits, and cocktail dresses for Miss California!)
Contact Mr. Layne Sanders at MissOaklandOrg@gmail.com to sign up.
Deadline: October 21st