1) Improve my Chinese reading and writing skills
2) Improve my Spanish overall
Life Goal: Stay fluent in Chinese and become fluent in Spanish, French, and Russian.
1) PayPal Wars
2) Leaders Eat Last
3) The Hard Thing About Hard Things (finished in June)
4) #GIRLBOSS (finished in July)
5) The Presidents Club (finished in June)
6) A Thousand Splendid Suns (finished in July)
7) The Big Short
8) The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
9) The Alchemist (finished in July)
Life Goal: Write a book that becomes a New York Times Best Seller.
Fashion and Entertainment
1) Manufacture and sell my completed dress designs
2) Complete the movie I’m producing: www.APlaceCalledHollywood.com
Life Goal: Help produce a movie that wins a Golden Globe or Oscar.
1) Learn to play the cello and perform Bach’s Suite No. 1 in G (got a cello on August 10th!)
2) Practice piano every day.
3) Publish at least 1 new piano composition.
Life Goal: Perform at Carnegie Hall. Compose music that is performed by a Grammy winner.
1) Box each week.
2) Sleep at least 4 hours each night.
Life Goal: Run a marathon.
1) Grow Enplug.com to 1,000 clients.
2) Continue bring extraordinary talent to Nanoly Bioscience
3) Become a contributing writer to a popular news site.
Life Goal: Enplug grows to a multi-billion dollar company and becomes the standard software for a public digital displays. Nanoly Bioscience’s product saves millions of lives by enabling vaccines to be transported without refrigerators. Be on the board of 2+ Fortune 500 companies. Start a venture fund that focuses on women-founded startups. Teach entrepreneurship or business at a university.
Review of 2013 Goals: What I got done on the list
1. Practice piano at least twice each week.
2. Read at least 1 book each month.
3. Go to Europe for the first time. I ended up going three times in 2013!
4. Grew Enplug.com to 25 full-time teammates.
5. Submit music to a piano composition competition.
Review of 2012 Goals: What I got done on the list
1. Increased 5.5 miles/hour run to 6 miles/hour
2. Performed and recorded a piano-singing duet with a friend
3. Improved my Chinese reading and writing
4. Improved my Spanish
5. Launched a tech company (www.Enplug.com)
Review of 2011 Goals: What I got done on the list
1. Passed motorcycle test
2. Finished reading The Fountainhead and Monkey Business
3. Learned to use Linux efficiently
4. Wrote and published piano pieces
5. Created a mobile app using Python